Jumptown Swing have been teaching swing dancing in Canberra for almost ten years.
Jumptown runs regular classes, workshops and events, and has a performance troupe available for functions and demonstrations. No experience or partner required. We have Beginner Classes Northside and Southside. Swing dancing is a great way to keep fit, socialise or get ready for a wedding. Join in the fun, meet new people learning the Lindy Hop, the original partner dance from the 1920′s, 30′s and 40′s. Jumptown Swing is a non-profit community organisation.
Jumptown Swing has an experienced performance troupe – The Jumptown Jammers - with a range of Lindy Hop, Charleston or Swing-era routines for charity or corporate events, birthdays, dinners, balls and weddings. For more info see the about page.
Wednesday Night Venue
As you might know there has been a fire at our Polish Club Venue and so we have a temporary NEW VENUE at the Canberra North Bowling Club Turner, McCaughey St Turner .
Please come back to this website or join our Facebook page ‘Jumptown Swing’ for updates as this could change.
See Classes/Lindy Beginners for more information on beginner courses, venues, times and frequently asked questions.
The next 6-week beginner course start dates are:
- 21st or 22nd or 23rd of April 2014
- 2nd or 3rd or 4th of June 2014
- 14th or 15th or 16th July 2014
- 25th or 26th or 27th of August 2014
- No need to register.
- You can join in at weeks 2 and 3 if you can’t make week 1.
- You can do either of the three 6 week courses starting in a particular month, i.e. 21st or 22nd or 23rd of April.
- You don’t have to stick with this night, you can go to another night that week if you miss a class to catch up.
- Wear flat comfortable shoes.
- No need to bring a partner.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
COST: Beginner class cost is $14 per class, or you can purchase a 6 Week Jumpstart Pass for $70 – that’s 6 classes for the price of 5!
See the Beginners section for the full years beginner course dates.
The Blues Basement is having a break for April due to the Jam and Easter, but back with classes and Blues Basement LIVE on the 4th of May, featuring the Chris Harland Blues Band.
Canberrang 2014 – 31 July – 3 August 2014
This year we go ‘Under the Big Top’ so step right up and book your flights early for some clowning around in Canberra. Keep up to date on our Canberrang Facebook Page.