Jumptown Swing have been teaching swing dancing in Canberra for over ten years. Jumptown runs regular classes, workshops and events, and has a performance troupe available for functions and demonstrations.
Swing dancing is a great way to keep fit, socialise or get ready for a wedding. We have beginner classes on the North and South Side of Canberra. You can join in the fun, and meet new people while learning Lindy Hop, the original partner dance from the 1920s, 30s and 40s.
Jumptown Swing has an experienced performance troupe, The Jumptown Jammers who perform a range of Lindy Hop, Charleston or Swing-era routines for charity events, corporate functions and events, birthdays, dinners, balls and weddings. For more info see the about page.
Lindy/Swing Dancing Beginner Classes
The next six week Lindy/Swing Dance beginner start dates for 2015 are
- Monday 16th, Tuesday 17th or Wednesday 18th March
- Month 27th, Tuesday 28th, or Wednesday 29th April
What you need to know
- There is no need to register, just come along.
- You can join in at weeks two or three if you can’t make week one.
- You can do one of the three 6 week courses starting in a particular month.
- You don’t have to stick with this night, you can go to another night that week if you miss a class to catch up.
- We recommend you wear flat comfortable shoes.
- There’s no need to bring a partner. Partners are rotated during the class.
- Email email@example.com for more information.
Beginner class are $14 each, or you can purchase a 6 week Jump Start pass for $70. That’s 6 classes for the price of 5.
See the Lindy Beginners for the full years beginner course dates and more information.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
At Jumptown Swing we’re connected to the the Swing dancing community across the world. We’ve got all the latest information on swing dance related events including Lindy exchanges, classes, workshops, socials, live music, across local and international events. To stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter. You can also get up to date information on our two major events Jumptown Jam and Canberräng. So get connected and we’ll make sure to keep you up to date!
Jumptown Major Events
30 July – 2 August 2015
Canberräng Under the Big Top was a huge success. Thank you to everyone who came along. Canberräng will be back again in 2015 bigger and better than ever. If you want to stay up to date with what’s coming up for Canberräng 2015, like us on Facebook, and make sure to save the date.