Jumptown Swing have been running swing dance classes in Canberra for over twelve years. Our experienced and passionate teaching team love what they do and will have you up and dancing in no time, or reaching new heights if you are already doing swing.
Swing dancing is a great way to keep fit, socialise or get ready for a wedding. We have beginner classes on the North and South side of Canberra. You can join in the fun, and meet new people while learning Lindy Hop, the original partner dance from the 1920s, 30s and 40s. Classes run on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
Jumptown Swing has an experienced performance troupe, the Jumptown Jammers who can perform a range of Lindy Hop, Charleston and Swing-era routines for charity events, corporate functions and events, birthdays, dinners, balls and weddings.
Lindy/Swing Dancing Beginner Classes
The next (6 week) Lindy Hop/Swing Dance classes start
- Monday 31st (Aug), Tuesday 1st (Sept), or Wednesday 2nd (Sept)
- Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th, or Wednesday 14th of October
- Monday 23rd, Tuesday 24th, or Wednesday 25th of November (4 Week Course)
What you need to know
- There is no need to register, just come along.
- You can join in at weeks two or three if you can’t make week one.
- You can do one of the three 6 week courses starting in a particular month.
- You don’t have to stick with this night, you can go to another night that week if you miss a class to catch up.
- We recommend you wear flat comfortable shoes.
- There is no need to bring a partner. Partners are rotated during the class.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Beginner class are $15 each, or you can purchase a 6 week Jump Start pass for $75. That’s 6 classes for the price of 5.
When you graduate to our Essentials (Level 2) class you can still do beginners and get two classes for the price of one. When you graduate to our Evolve (Level 3) class you can do as many classes as you like all night and still pay for one class.
See Lindy Beginners for the full years beginner course dates and more information.
Lindy Hopper’s Etiquette
Everything you needed to know about the etiquette of dancing in one easy infographic.
Reproduced with permission from Holy Lindy Land. Infographic designed by Ron Dobrovinsky. Produced by Ron Dobrovinsky, Ilya Grigoriev, Maya Shapira and the Holy Lindy Land team.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
At Jumptown Swing we’re connected to the the Swing dancing community across the world. We’ve got all the latest information on swing dance related events including Lindy exchanges, classes, workshops, socials, live music, across local and international events. To stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter. You can also get up to date information on our two major events Jumptown Jam and Canberräng. So get connected and we’ll make sure to keep you up to date!