Balboa classes with Felyx, Vanessa and Peter are held weekly on Monday evenings from 6:30pm and are structured as follows:
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Beginner Balboa class (all welcome)
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm – Intermediate/Advanced Balboa class
- 8:30pm – 9:00pm – Balboa social dancing
2016 beginner courses are 6 weeks long and will commence on:
- Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th, or Wednesday 16th of March 2016 (6-Week Courses)
- Monday 25th, Tuesday 26th, or Wednesday 27th of April 2016 (6-Week Courses)
- Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, or Wednesday 8th of June 2016 (6-Week Courses)
- Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th, or Wednesday 20th of July 2016 (6-Week Courses)
Griffith Neighbourhood Hall
Griffith Shops, Stuart St Griffith
(behind Aubergine Restaurant)
Please note: Balboa will be moving from the regular Kingston Venue to the Griffith Neighbourhood Hall from the 14th of March 2016. Due to maintenance at the Griffith Hall the 18th and 25th of April classes will be back at the Kingston Venue for these two weeks.
$15 at the door
Beginner Balboa Classes
Beginner Balboa classes are run on a six-week cycle and cover the basic moves to get you dancing. Jumptown has a committed group of experienced and passionate Balboa dancers who really love this dance and regularly dance at Balboa events around Australia and abroad. Come along and try a class and see why they are so passionate.
What is Balboa?
Balboa is a stylish swing dance originally developed in the early 1930s in California, USA. Balboa emphasizes intricate footwork, has great partner connection and can be danced at all tempos without expending too much energy. You may have seen dancers dancing very closely together and smoothly on the dance floor, looking quite relaxed in their upper bodies but with amazing footwork patterns? Well, that’s Balboa!
Jumptown Swing teaches a combination of Balboa and swing, also known as Bal-Swing. Balboa is a great way to expand your swing dancing and learn more about lead-follow connection and movement patterns in dance.