Balboa classes with Felyx, Kate, Vanessa, Peter and Di are held weekly on Monday evenings from 6:30pm and are structured as follows:
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Beginner Balboa class (all welcome)
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm – Intermediate/Advanced Balboa class
- 8:30pm – 9:00pm – Balboa social dancing
2017 beginner courses dates:
- Monday – 14 August – Week (4-Week Beginner Block)
- Monday – 11 September – Week (4-Week Beginner Block)
- Monday – 9 October -Week (4-Week Beginner Block)
- Monday – 6 November – 11 December (6-Week Beginner Block)*
- *Monday Night Balboa Last Class before Xmas Break – 11 December
- Monday Night Balboa Starts back – 29 January 2018 (4-Week Beginner Block)
Griffith Neighbourhood Hall
Griffith Shops, Stuart St Griffith
(behind Aubergine Restaurant)
$15 at the door
Beginner Balboa Classes
Beginner Balboa classes are run on a six-week cycle and cover the basic moves to get you dancing. Jumptown has a committed group of experienced and passionate Balboa dancers who really love this dance and regularly dance at Balboa events around Australia and abroad. Come along and try a class and see why they are so passionate.
What is Balboa?
Balboa is a stylish swing dance originally developed in the early 1930s in California, USA. Balboa emphasizes intricate footwork, has great partner connection and can be danced at all tempos without expending too much energy. You may have seen dancers dancing very closely together and smoothly on the dance floor, looking quite relaxed in their upper bodies but with amazing footwork patterns? Well, that’s Balboa!
Jumptown Swing teaches a combination of Balboa and swing, also known as Bal-Swing. Balboa is a great way to expand your swing dancing and learn more about lead-follow connection and movement patterns in dance.