Learn to swing dance and meet new people in a fun and friendly environment with Canberra’s most experienced swing dance teachers.
20 Years for a reason.
Jumptown Swing is a community-based, not-for-profit swing dancing school in Canberra. Jumptown Swing has been teaching and hosting some of Australia’s best workshops and dance exchanges for over 20 years.
We teach beginner through to advanced classes in lindy hop, balboa, and other authentic swing-era dances, all to the swinging jazz music of the 1920s, 30s, and 40s.
- Our weekly classes are in Turner and Griffith.
- You don’t need to bring a partner.
- No experience required.
- You can join in at weeks 1 or 2 of each beginner course.
- There is no need to pre-book, just arrive on the night.
- We recommend you wear flat shoes.
- Our classes are $18 or you can purchase a four ($64) or ten ($150) class pass for better value. There is no extra cost for additional classes on the same night.
- See the class page for more information.
Jumptown Swing can also provide entertainment and specialty classes for your event. Our experienced performance troupe, the Jumptown Jammers, specialise in recreating authentic jazz dances from the 1920s to 1940s, transporting you back in time to the swingin’ dance halls of Harlem. See their page to find out how you can hire them.
All images (C) Greg Stoodley, used under license. Visit www.gregstoodley.com
Follow our Facebook page to see the event details or message us.
Contact: 0412 127 168 / email@example.com